Olivia has recently decided she doesn't want her pacifier for anything, so we can no longer sit through services at church. She continues to be her sociable self. Too much noise and activity, however, upsets her very, very much. I have figured out why she's so fussy in the evenings -- she just needs a short little nap before she actually goes to bed. She does very well at night. The other night she slept through the whole night! She might actually do that more often, but if she doesn't wake up on her own I wake her myself (I guess I'm just paranoid. :D) Apparently the night that she slept through I was too tired to realize it.
Here she is at six weeks. She weighed 11 pounds 1 ounce at her six week checkup.

And today:

3 comments:
Not really sure exactly what the situation is, but, if you nurse her in church will she fall asleep? Rebecca used to be quiet for the first 15-20 mins and then if I fed her she would sleep through the rest of the service (she has NEVER taken a pacifier). Of course, she RARELY sleep in church now (she likes to play peek-a-boo with whoever will play with her there...), but she has been in church every Sunday since she was born, and has learned to be quiet, even if she is being very sociable, hehe... :-)
Anyway, just a thought for something you might try in case you haven't already. :-)
Well I'm pretty particular about when I feed her, (no sooner than every two hours) The problem is that her short morning nap and short evening nap are right in the middle of each service! At home I would just lay her down and she'd fuss a little and go to sleep, but I can't very well do that even in the nursery there because there's too many distractions for her to sleep.
Ironically, I managed to convince her to take the pacifier in the prayer meeting the very evening after I posted and she was able to have her nap. Let's see if I can keep convincing her to keep this up.. :)
Olivia is such a cutie! My fourth, Lucy Jo was born with loads of hair like Olivia, the pics remind me a lot of her (since most babies that age are bald)
Sorry it isn't so easy in church right now, but one tiny bit of advice (grin and I don't like to give advice, cos the more you think you know, the more you realise how little you know :-)) is: "this too shall pass"
It is hard when babies are unsettled, and you miss church and you struggle each Sabbath - but before you know it, she'll be 14 and taking notes in church!
Seriously :-))
Love
Henrietta
Post a Comment