Friday, August 17, 2007
Greetings from my old home state
I'm in beautiful Bloomington Indiana visiting my sister and her family. I drove up with my mom, Ben, and my dog, on Tuesday. It was a 14 hour drive, and I managed to do it with just two cups of coffee. We drove up through scenic eastern Oklahoma and Missouri -- the views were quite fantastic even on the interstate. It was fun speeding through the mountains going 85 mph while the road cut and wound its way through the Ozarks. It steadily got a little bit cooler as we went north. Oklahoma was so hot that when we stopped for lunch and I took Neluska out she burned her feet on the pavement, and she started limping! We arrived here at three in the morning and I proceeded to get under four hours of sleep the first night.
My two nephews are quite entertaining -- Elijah carries amusing conversations and Noah likes to be held all the time. Sharon also babysits a little girl who is about Elijah's age, and she is very cute.
It's been an eventful month, where I nearly lost my mind helping Hayley with her wedding. It's amazing how much work is involved! I'll say the stress was all worth it though. The wedding turned out beautifully, and I'm very happy for my two friends. I really enjoyed my time in Santa Fe, despite never getting a full night's sleep and getting sick in the process.
One thing I especially miss from home: a wireless connection that is actually mine! I've been using the neighbor's connection for the past few weeks wherever I go, and it's not always so reliable.
I'm hoping we can go to McCormick's Creek State Park while we're here, so keep tuned for some more pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment