Friday, September 19, 2008

honeymoon part 2

A little border town in Mexico that we drove into, where we bought a shirt.

McDonald Observatory, in the Davis Mountains.

In the Davis Mountains.

Mark next to the Rio Grande.

In Lajitas, a little resort-town on the river road.

One of the views along the river road.

Some sort of wild mountain goat

At Fort Leaton

We left on Monday, and spent four nights in the Chisos Mountains, and after doing a lot of meandering on our way home on Friday, we ended up stopping for the night in a city west of San Antonio, and then came home on Saturday. We really enjoyed our trip!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

The pictures are gorgeous--this is all in Texas? Very beautiful.

John said...

Hey Mercy, just by the way, I know I said this already-- but I am very surprised how green your pictures are. The ones of the Davis Mountains especially-- I do not remember so much green grass! My memory of the view from the observatory is an endless scene of desert and distant mountains. Maybe they had a really good rain year.