I'm not sure how many times I'm going to accidentally leave the washing machine lid open after I start the load. See, the washing machines I grew up with would simply fill the machine with water, but if the lid was open the cycle would stop -- and wait-- until the lid was shut. Not so with our current washing machine. It will fill up with water, and if the lid is open it will wait for a period of time and then let the water out. It actually does everything it's supposed to do except agitate and spin, meaning it fills up with water and lets it out about three times. (At least, I'm guessing it does this by the sounds I heard it make before realizing it wasn't actually doing everything in the cycle.) In the meantime I'm going about my normal housework, thinking the hum of the washing machine means it's doing its duty, only to return to find I just wasted all that water and still have an unwashed load of laundry!
:(
1 comment:
I think your washing machine is unusual. I have never encountered one that would let the water drain as you've described. In fact, I routinely leave mine open if I want things to soak for a bit.
You need to post a picture of yourself! Are you into maternity clothes yet? How are you feeling?
Post a Comment