Thursday, July 2, 2009

brief update



Finally an update here! I know people were wanting some new pictures; sorry for the delay. :(
We're trying to get Olivia on a proper schedule. For a little while she thought it had to be 2:00 in the morning before it was bedtime, but we've worked it back to 11:00 so far. She sleeps at night for around 4-5 hours at a time. Last night she slept for 5 1/2 hours; however, I didn't get to sleep that long myself. I woke up after a few hours to hear the fire alarms for the apartment complex going off. I was home by myself (Mark was in Austin) and I wasn't sure what to do. I didn't smell any smoke but I didn't really want to get Olivia and walk around outside at 3:00am trying to figure out if there was a real danger or not! I finally just called 911, but they already had received some calls and they had a dispatcher on the way. I was so tired I went back to bed to just "lay awake" for a little bit, but I ended up waking up over an hour later when Olivia did. This morning the alarms went off briefly 3 more times, so I guess maybe they were just malfunctioning.

It's been extremely warm here lately! Last week there was a day in Austin where it was 105 degrees at six in the evening! Thankfully things seemed to have cooled down slightly -- it's been in the 90's for the past couple days. ;) It still seems like the air conditioner runs non-stop to keep home at a comfortable temperature.

2 comments:

Evelyn said...

Wow she is too cute!! And look at all that hair!!! I think you guys would laugh at my poor boy...he hardly has any hair, and he actually looks quite bald on top, at least more so than I remember with Aaron.

Sharon said...

Wow, Olivia is so cute! She looks a lot like you in these pictures (which makes her cuter of course, no offense to Mark. :p ) I can't wait to see her soon!

I had to do a double take when I drove into Texas yesterday and the first bank time/temp display I saw read 105 degrees! Funny thing is, it didn't feel that bad. I guess it's not nearly as humid here as it has been in Bloomington lately.