Well, I've not really wanted to update since I don't have any pictures, but I decided to do a little text update.
Olivia's favorite things to do are pulling all her clothes out of drawer and trying to put them on, playing with dolls, putting on shoes (anyone and everyones shoes!) and reading books. One of her favorite books is about animals, and she makes the sounds for the tiger and the snake. She seems to really like tigers and sometimes out of the blue will say "TIGER!" in a growly voice. She has a little tea set complete with cupcakes and removable frosting. She is very particular about the plates being right side up, the lid on the teapot, and the frosting on properly (and she will get rather upset if others playing don't "do it right".) She pretends to get invisible food off of her plate with a spoon and smacks her lips, saying "Mmmmm!". I've never actually played with her with the tea set, so she has figured it out all on her own. Her favorite time of day is probably when her daddy comes home from work. She shrieks at the top of her lungs when he comes in the door.
I'm just over half-way through this pregnancy and we are having another girl, all being well. :)
3 comments:
yippiee finally a girl to compensate all of these boys! ;) nice update Merc even if it is pictureless! :)
She definitely "talks" about a lot of stuff -- it's been a real challenge teaching her to be quiet in church! Yesterday morning she fell down while she was outside and scraped her knee and it bled a bit. She cried only a little bit and I didn't fuss over it. Later in the evening while we were in the nursery at the prayer meeting, I was trying to distract her and pointed out her scraped knee and told her, "Look, you have an owie!" Well, she started poking it vigorously while she talked about it, which of course hurt it again. Now at the very mention of an "owie", she checks her knees and starts talking in a really pathetic on-the-verge-of-crying voice! It's really quite amusing :D
I thought it was so cute when I visited and she kept pulling up her skirt to show me her knee, and telling me about it in her baby talk.
Post a Comment