I was scheduled to work Saturday, and I set my alarm to be sure I got up early enough to get other things done before I left. But my alarm never went off, and I ended up waking with a start when Mark called me, 15 minutes before I was supposed to be at work! There was no time for coffee, and I arrived at work a little groggy and a few minutes late. The rest of the work day was chaos and confusion. The usual extra appointments were scheduled by my manager, with hopes we'd work them in. But the ridiculous thing was that one of the groomers was fired the day before, but none of her scheduled appointments for Saturday had been canceled! On top of that, my manager left early, leaving just three groomers to handle the whole day. There was so much tension, pressure, frustration, and confusion everywhere.
I was scheduled to leave at 4:30, and I was impatient to get off since Mark and I had plans for the evening. 4:30 came and went and there were still dogs arriving and none of the groomers were in a very good mood anymore. I finally escaped some time after six.
Well, shortly after I arrived home, Mark took me to Brazos Bend to spend some time together. I'd come home so much later than planned that he had to make a change of plans, and I was too tired to have a preference or ask any questions.
We had nice conversation at the park, and then we went on a peaceful walk as the sun went down. I was so relaxed and and ease, and Mark's proposal was a perfect ending to the evening. ;)

:)
4 comments:
Congratulations to you both, when is the wedding planned for?
Love
H
Congratulations! Do you have a date pick out yet?
Christa
Congratulations! You two look so nice together. Did you coordinate your clothes on purpose?? LOL
Congratulations! We are so happy for you both. :) Do you have a date yet?
Patti
Post a Comment