I haven't forgotten about my blog or any of the other blogs I used to read regularly. We simply have no internet in our apartment, and the public computer at the apartment leasing office blocks Blogger. I'm using a computer at the local library right now. I'm hoping to make it over here more often, although I can't promise I'll update regularly... I'd rather read other people's blogs than type up my own posts. ;)
11 comments:
No coffee?!? Are you serious? I think when I was pregnant with Noah was when I first started drinking coffee. I limited myself to half a cup and filled the cup the rest of the way with milk.
I'm happy to see an update, however brief!
Forgot to add that the reason I started drinking coffee while I was pregnant was that it was so challenging to keep up with my energetic, non-napping two-year-old while dealing with first trimester pregnancy fatigue! A little coffee helped with that.
Yikes, your probably off coffee because you couldn't at first keep it down and now it probably tastes awful? I was the same with my tea, although it got easier with the second and now third...AHHHHHHH I'm on my third already?! ooh so scary. :) Glad your still alive. I thought you would never update again!
Love,
Ev xx
The Doctors always told me to stay away from too much caffeine because it flushes out too many vitamins and minerals your body needs. So you might consider decaf coffee, tea, and soft drinks.
ICL,
Mrs. Robin
As soon as I started feeling sick from morning sickness, coffee smelled horrible. I've been off it since. I've tried teas and such, but nothing is quite as satisfying as coffee was. :(
Are you feeling any better yet? I was shocked how soon I passed the sickness stage (ah, this time I mean it was around 20 weeks I think with Amelia) and now I'm already starting to feel the third stage pain (well not everyone gets it mind you) spd...ahhh no!!! :'( But pain is better than sticking your head in the toilet all the time. :)
I think I'm feeling better... but then I still have bad days, and now I've got the flu of some kind. I'm not sure if I'm feeling better or not! I have aches and pains too, though perhaps not as bad as third trimester discomfort. (I wouldn't know, of course!)
Glad to hear its easing up...maybe you'll have a girl ;) I found I get achy (1st trimester) probably because baby is growing (and that is with my third too)...but back problems have always plagued me, so noting new with that I guess. Yes, 3rd trimester discomfort isn't nice, but much easier to handle I think than first trimester stuff :) Hope to see you soon if my kids don't get chickenpox by then! :) Ev xx
When I was expecting my first, I craved Super Supreme Pizza and Sprite with a cherry on top. My husband ate a LOT of pickles, but I didn't crave them! haha!
I was so hungry all the time, I felt like I was almost starving. Jamy was HUGE! Haha! I actually woke up one night singing the Pizza Hut song, "Well they've got a lot of pizza at Pizza Hut, and it's pizza made with ahhhh..." I woke up saying the ahhh with passion! haha Also I liked "county style" food with Jamy, like homemade biscuits, cornbread, beans, and such all the things he still loves to eat! I never really cared for them before that.
With Isabella and Stephanie it was beef salami and mustard, also I normally didn't like anything hot,and I hated any kinds of peppers, hot or not, but was crazy about Mexican cornbread, something I previously disliked.
Little Robin disturbed my Thanksgiving feast the year she was born. (I had a lot of help making it that year from James and Jamy. They even made the turkey!) Little Robin wasn't due till the middle of December. When she was little, she told her Daddy she smelled all that turkey and good food, and wanted to get out and eat it!
That same day, our little dog, who was also expecting, got on the table and stole the apple pie I was wanting so badly. I ususally didn't care that much for it. She was usually well behaved and NEVER got on the table, she also stole little soup noodle packages from the pantry that year...
With all my other pregnacies I was pretty much happy with whatever we were having at mealtimes.
Oh! You might make homemade hot cocoa to replace your coffee, just remember that it does have a little caffeine in it, but not nearly as much as soft drinks, tea, and regular coffee. (I suggest baking coco to make it with whole milk.)
ICL,
Mrs. Robin
You might also try raspberry leaf tea, which is supposed to be good for pregnancies and labor. It has a mild sweet sort of flavor. Don't get the "raspberry tea" which is just raspberry-flavored tea, but rather the stuff that is actual raspberry leaves--I find it in the health food section at my local Kroger.
You can get the raspberry leaf tea at HEB too. I drink it a lot and really enjoyed it when I was pregnant with Cameron and coffee smelled bad! What about iced coffee or frappucinos? I know I shouldn't be encouraging you to drink coffee, but when it's cold it's not so smelly so it's easier to enjoy! :-)
Hays
Post a Comment