Friday, January 16, 2009

I cleaned my oven...

I cleaned my oven yesterday... but yet again when I preheated it the smoke alarm went off. I guess the smoke alarm and oven just don't get along well. :(

9 comments:

PeterinScotland said...

LOL sounds a bit like our smoke alarm and oven. Just wait till you have kids - her inside probably isn't too keen on the terrible noise already!

The Mom said...

We used to have to whack our smoke alarm with a tea towel when cooking certain foods . .there was a special knack to it - as soon as I got the hang of it we moved house :-)

Congrats on your pregnancy - and since you know it is a girl you can narrow down the name choices a bit.

Love
Henrietta

Evelyn said...

Girl? is this Peter & Rachel's or Merc's?!

I thought Texas only had faulty alarms but just last night mine decided to go off too, of course while cooking (or broiling) something that can cause some smoke but that much?! Must be Newmans Italian dressing at fault.

PeterinScotland said...

Mercy's girl. We don't know what ours is.

Evelyn said...

AHHH Mercy you never told me! :P I always get the info late...ah well. Congrats! I was tempted to find out, but it just so happened that they actually didn't know I had an appointment so I had to be squished in and it was rushed...so we don't know and I think I don't want to. :) I'm sure Mark will be happy (as you will be!).

PeterinScotland said...

I think I read it on Facebook - I think her Dad sent her a (public) message about it - but I don't see it now so maybe it wasn't meant to be public.

Sharon said...

Ah yes, I was informed through Facebook so perhaps you saw the note on my page. :)

Evelyn said...

oh dear looks like things got out before they were perhaps able to say it? :S

Unknown said...

Well we did announce it after the prayer meeting last week, but that's as far as our announcing got. :)