My mom went up to College Station with Jesh on Monday, to make him food and such during his finals. They took her car and left his here, but it drives so horribly I wasn't sure if I might end up stranded somewhere in Pearland. I took Dad's car tonight after he came home from work (and we ate, and had worship, and I finished my shopping list) and finally headed out to get the grocery shopping done. I must say, it was nice shopping in such an empty store, but I'd rather be more awake next time. There was only one register open and the person ahead of me had a verrry full cart and lots of coupons... I browsed through "Bon Appetit", a food magazine, while waiting -- I saw lots of good recipes but I was only half awake so I kept getting advertisements confused with articles. I'm pretty sure at least half of the magazine was advertisements. On the way home KUHF was playing some Debussy-ish piece, with a wandering piano that kind of drifted in and out...
Anyway, I've finished my late night bowl of cereal and I'm going to head off to bed now. I have the feeling the above paragraph makes little sense and is very confusing, but I don't feel like proofreading at the moment. :D
2 comments:
LOL I can just imagine you falling asleep at the register...haha!! Hope you and your fam are doing well!
Love, Ev
Must be nice to have someone to cook for you during finals week! I suppose it was assumed that I didn't need help because I'm female? :P When the reality is, Jesh is probably a better cook than I was when I was in school! Ah well, I'm sure his finals are much more strenuous.
Most of our friends here are grad students, so we hear from them about the stresses of ADMINISTERING finals--apparently it's just as stressful.
We miss you guys. :(
Post a Comment