Some of us were sitting down for dinner the other night... I thought Elijah was with Sharon in the bedroom, but after a strangely silent minute or two, I realized the peculiar sound I was hearing was coming from the master bedroom. I came in to see Elijah pounding my dad's Macbook with a water bottle, water everywhere. I grabbed a towel and tried to wipe down the keyboard. There was water coming out of the touchpad, oozing out of the keys, coming out from the battery underneath... not to mention water all over the desk and on Dad's paperwork and books. We took apart the Macbook and dried it out and let it sit till today, but it won't start up. Hmm.
Last night I was in the kitchen working on dinner when I heard a "boom...boom boom boom!" At first I didn't give it much thought, but a moment later Ben came out of his room saying he thought a truck had overturned. Sure enough, directly behind our house, an SUV had rolled over a few times on 288. I don' t know the extent of the injuries, but the highway was closed for a few hours and they had Life Flight land out there... :S
6 comments:
toddler plus technology plus water never comes out with a very good solution in my experience. . . .!
Did the Macbook work in the end?- we did have an MP3player that came unharmed thru the washing machine; and a digital camera san disk that did the same; tho several phones have persished down the toilet. .
You live and learn, grin, at one stage of life we were prob the only family I knew who locked the bathroom from the outside as well as the inside :-)
Love
H
Hey Merc....did you ever hear what happened to the folks in the SUV? Not a nice way to end up in the hospital - by rolling off highway 288!
The Macbook still does not work, but it's not the end... my dad sent it in to be repaired.
I never did hear, Sam, but Jesh and Ben had walked over near the scene and there were two guys lying out on the pavement, and they think one of them may not have been alive... :S but I would have expected to find something about the accident if it was fatal, so perhaps he was only seriously injured? At any rate, no, I never heard what happened to them.
well, now I'm wondering what happened! Sam seeing you posted, what did end up happening to the folks?
I looked all over the internet, but couldn't find the story - I wish I could figure it out, of course.
oh well :)
Post a Comment