Friday, January 11, 2008

of microwaves and lemon juice...

Well, I discovered something today, and I'm very pleased about it. I happened to run across a tip on the internet about cleaning microwave ovens. It said to pour water in a small/medium-sized microwavable bowl, add a generous dash of lemon juice, and boil it in the microwave for a minute or two. Then take it out, discard it, and "that stuck on food simply wipes away!!" I was rather skeptical that I'd really be able to simply "wipe" my microwave oven clean, but I gave it a try. And guess what? It really does work!! It was amazing. :D Now I'm really curious what would happen if I boil lemon juice water in a regular oven...

In other news, ...well, there's not much to say, really. I've been cleaning, studying, cooking, baking, drinking coffee, playing tennis on weekends, etc. Last night Ben and I went over to Caleb and Leah's for a little social gathering of young, college/highschool aged people (James, Hayley, John, and Sam), since before long they will all be back in school, studying away and not having any time do anything else!

And to liven up this post (although for me, really, that lemon juice trick is plenty exciting by itself... :P) here's a picture from the 29th of December:

Oh, and I guess this is my first post of the new year. Happy new year! :)

3 comments:

Evelyn said...

hahaha...now I know what to do with the mic over here! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Mercy - about time you updated!!

Why don't you post all those pictures of the guys y'all were watching in that picture? I thought I heard that you had some really good ones of folks playing basketball! It's a boring post that has no pictures! ;)

Just playing with ya - keep posting!

Sam

Unknown said...

Well Sam, on closer inspection of those pictures on my computer, I wasn't too impressed with them; I don't think I'll be posting them. Sorry. :(