Wednesday, January 30, 2008

starbucks, etc

Today a few of us (my mom, Nat, Ben, Leah and I) went to Starbucks because the local one is having a 'buy one, get one free' deal. You can't really pass that up can you?! Besides, I hadn't had an upside down caramel macchiato in ages. On top of a couple of free drinks, while we were sitting down we were asked to fill out some surveys...and in return were given cards for free drinks! Then, after we enjoyed our drinks and after us ladies went down to a clothing store and browsed a bit, Ben and I went into Wal-Mart briefly and he bought me some chocolate. I must say, Starbucks and chocolate in one day is pretty nice. :D
I'm pretty sure I'm taking my GED very soon. I called up the testing center today and found out when they do tests and how much it will cost, etc, and all being well I'm going to take the test on the second and third weeks of February. I'm a little bit anxious about it even though I've been sailing through my preparatory book. I guess we'll see how it goes.

I've been still up to the usual (cleaning, studying, etc). It's hard to believe how much clutter can collect and how much laundry has to be done in a house with just four people... it seems like every other day I end up spending hours doing housework, and even on those in-between days things can get shockingly out of order. Which is all ok, since I don't mind cleaning house, of course.

4 comments:

thedude said...

Hey nice day, it sounds like! I wouldn't mind some chocolate myself. ;) - you put me in the mood **off to buy chocolates**

Good to see a new post, BTW!

Evelyn said...

You'll do absolutely grand on the GED (it's way to easy in my opinion). I kind of did it without studying quite enough but I still passed just fine, and even pulled a 95% on the essay (uh, how did I manage that one, I dunno). Aww, how Starbucks sounds lovely right now. But it is better spent with friends like you've done. Best wishes for the next couple of weeks!
Ev xx
P.S. Chocolate does sound good...mmm :)

Sharon said...

I'm not sure what a caramel macchiato is, but it sounds fantastic. I wish I could have joined you!

thedude said...

Update...?

I updated...