Friday, February 8, 2008

...

I dragged Ben with me to Alvin today, and went to the college with Leah and signed up to take my GED. As I somewhat expected, the info I received the other day over phone was incorrect. The person on the phone the other day hardly sounded intelligent enough to have passed the GED herself, and she told me I could sign up any Friday, and then take the GED any Tuesday. I asked her three times to make sure that was correct. But as it turns out, it won't be till the 19th that I can take the first half of my test. (The other half will be the following week.) I was pleased, however, to find I will be doing the math part and the essay part the first week, because those are the parts I want to get out of the way as soon as possible.

After that Ben and I stopped at Wal-Mart to buy more tennis balls, because we wanted to play tennis... but when we went to the tennis court there were a bunch of people there, so we ended up not playing. :(

I then went to Kroger to do grocery shopping. (Note to self: do not grocery shop at Kroger again.) It took much too long because everything is in a different order than I'm used to, and I couldn't find things. I also managed to get a bagger who nearly put all my canned goods on top of my fruit (!!!) which I barely stopped in time. It was difficult walking out past the Starbucks without stopping, but I have had a few caramel macchiatos since I last posted, so I was able to resist the urge. ;)

3 comments:

Evelyn said...

Ooh I don't like Kroger either. All the best on the GED - that is coming up pretty quick now!

Sharon said...

I love Kroger for the meat sales! I get all of our meat for less than $2 a pound. Customer service is outstanding at Marsh. But for the best overall prices I go to Aldi's. Do you have the discount stores, like Aldi's and Save-a-Lot, down there?

Unknown said...

Thanks Ev!

And yes, Kroger does have good meat sales. I've noticed that. I probably could get used to the way it's laid out, but I guess I'm just partial to HEB since I'm so familiar with it now.