Monday, February 25, 2008

news, and exciting news

I took my math test and Language Arts writing test last Tuesday. I can't say I was impressed at all with the people I was taking the test with (kind of humiliating, really, to be grouped with them). But it went went well, and I'm confident I did a decent job. Tomorrow I will be taking the science, social studies, and reading comprehension tests, DV.

On Thursday I spent some time at Hayley's, where she worked on her baby quilt and I did some mending. I won't deny that we did a lot more talking than we did sewing. ;) We had the patio doors open so you could hear the rain falling while the stereo played some wonderful music... it was quite nice.

Friday, I discovered I won $15 in an art contest. That's not much at all, I know, but seeing it was a 30 minute sketch, I'm not complaining! The same person wants me to do another front-page image for their kennel webpage. I made her one last December and she liked it enough to ask me to make another one, apparently. :) On the same day I also did a little bit of shopping for the occasion on the following day...

(People who read Sam's blog will already know the latest news about the new couple!)
Mark asked me out on Wednesday, and on Saturday he took me to dinner at Saltgrass Steakhouse. Before we went inside he gave me a heart shaped diamond necklace. I wasn't prepared for a gift at all, so it was a lovely surprise. :) We didn't have to wait at all to be seated in the restaurant -- the only reason we didn't eat sooner was because it was so hard to decide what to order! The food was so good that by the time we finished eating we couldn't possibly have dessert too. ;D

Ben took this right before we left my house

5 comments:

Sharon said...

At last, an update! Thanks for posting the picture. I like your shirt. You should take another photo in the same spot in a couple of months when the magnolia behind you is blooming.

thedude said...

Good idea Sharon has...and I agree - a very nice photo. I must say, Mark hasn't ever taken me out to Saltgrass...you're VERY special! :P

lcrmum said...

Oh it is lovely to hear your news! And no I did not hear it from Sam first! Please tell Mark we are so happy for you both.

How is everyone back home? Wow! It seems so weird to think we have been gone almost a year. Time sure does go fast. Please greet everyone for us.

Patti

thedude said...

Update?? Please?? :P

Unknown said...

Thank you, Patti!

And there's the update, Sam, as requested. ;P