One of the convenient things about living here at this hotel is that we get free weekly housecleaning service... who would have thought I'd have the luxury of my house being cleaned for me at the end of my pregnancy! The disadvantage is that the stove has only two burners, and there is no oven! There is a dishwasher, but I must say I'd prefer an oven over a dishwasher.
There seems to be second-hand stores on every corner -- that is, Goodwill, Once Upon a Child, and etc. I'm looking forward to having the opportunity to browse through some of them.
The scenery here is quite pretty. (It kind of reminds me of Bloomington, Sharon, only on a larger scale.) All of the hills make the roads quite interesting, and on some streets the stores and parking lots seem to be squeezed in wherever they fit on the hillside. According to the map there are parks everywhere, but I haven't had a chance to investigate any yet.
It is kind of lonely out here by ourselves, but Mark has enough work to keep him plenty busy, and he's able to work in the hotel room a bit so I'm not by myself all the time.
In my next post I'll post some pictures...
No comments:
Post a Comment