Wednesday, April 15, 2009

our new home...

...is in Austin. We're temporarily going to live part-time in Austin while Mark works a hail storm that hit about two and a half weeks ago. We're living in an Extended Stay hotel room that is about as big as our old apartment. (Small, but liveable :D) We will probably be here two to four months depending on how long the work lasts. This means the baby will be born sometime while we're in this living situation. Everyone's reaction seems to be "what will you do if you go into labor in Austin??", but my midwife isn't concerned. She even mentioned casually (and seriously) that we could meet in the middle somewhere if necessary.

We intend to come home every weekend, but this weekend we are going to stay in the Dallas/Fort Worth area because Mark has a sales meeting in Fort Worth at 8:00 Monday morning. The mandatory sales meetings every Monday morning in Austin at 7:30 are doable, because it's less than three hours from where we live.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I wouldn't be so worried about the going into labor part--I would be more worried about driving 3 hours twice every weekend with a newborn. :) Hopefully you have one of those babies who like to sleep in the car (which would be most babies, from what I hear, just not my two).

Anonymous said...

I keep thinking about when I sat in a car for 3 hours less than a month before Cameron was born and after that I was permanentely horribly swollen... that is, until he was born. Oh, and i know this sounds a little crazy, but I've heard of people having their baby in a hotel instead of at home because then you don't have the distractions/mess of your home, and you can get a room with a big nice tub! Maybe if you meet your midwife halfway you can do that and it'll be nice! Maybe people will also think I'm very strange now. :-)oh well!
Hayley

thedude said...

Thank you for the update, Mercy. Good to hear what y'all are doing. I hope everything goes well for yall in Austin. I was thinking it might not be worth going to Austin and back, paying for two dwelling places, but then I figured people do it often enough, so I guess it's worth it.

Was it a good hail storm? Obviously good in the terms of a roofer..