Monday, April 27, 2009

kayaking on Austin Lake

On Saturday Mark took me kayaking for my birthday. I'll try to get some more photos of Austin at some point soon, but in the meantime here we are at Austin Lake.




Austin Lake is a resevoir on the Colorado River, and it runs right through Austin. There are parks and canoe rentals all along the river.


editing this to add: Congratulations Caleb and Leah!! I can't wait to see pictures of and meet Shona!!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Why are all the photos of the pregnant lady from the shoulders up only?!

The lake looks pretty. You don't know how to swim, do you? I went kayaking once, and the fact that I can't swim made me a little nervous.

Unknown said...

It was not intentional!! I'll try to get some pictures just for you :P

No, I don't know how to swim. I did wear a life jacket but the lake is so calm I wasn't worried about capsizing anyway.

thedude said...

That's sooo cool...and the fact that the lake is right in the city, too. I guess some wouldn't like that, but it looks like it'd be interesting!

Thanks for the pictures - and Mark has thinned out a bit, hasn't he? Is he still on that special diet?