Well, this place was totally different. It was clean and none of the clothes smelled old and unworn, and the best part was that they really did have quite a selection of maternity clothes. And on top of that, the prices were quite reasonable! I came away with three shirts for under $20. I am so pleased.
I came home and started on dinner. Yesterday, Mark heard a recipe on the radio and he really wanted me to try it. I was kind of skeptical looking at the ingredients: chickpeas, sherry vinegar, and -- well, see for yourself! When I went to the store I could not find Spanish paprika or saffron or sherry vinegar, and I didn't have time to soak the chickpeas so I used canned instead... I was more and more skeptical as I started putting it together. Here's how my alterations came out:
- 1 can garbanzos (chickpeas)
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and whole
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 slices of honey-wheat bread, with the crusts removed (Mark thinks one more piece of bread would be better)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry wine (no idea how much difference vinegar would have made in the end... hm)
- ??? spinach, washed and cleaned (I have no idea how much spinach I put in! Maybe two cups of fresh spinach..?)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt to taste
4 comments:
I'm sorry you've had such a hard time finding maternity clothes! The Once Upon a Child here has a long wall packed quite full of maternity clothes, all in like-new condition, and smelling quite fresh. Too bad you couldn't come up here for a shopping trip! :p
Sounds great. I miss spanish/mexican food. I miss American food...lol.
Yall getting along well enough up there? How's the place yall are staying at?
I'm sorry that my wife hasn't responded Sam. :) I just mentioned it to her and she didn't realize you had asked some questions. As for your question in your last post, yes i've thinned out a bit, but i'm staying steady now.
We're doing ok here in Austin, of course when working a hail storm it takes a few weeks for the sales to start coming in at a comfortable rate. But it has been ok, and i think the coming week will be my best so far... but we'll see. We're staying at an extended stay, which is pretty comfortable. It has a mini kitchen, and is actually almost as big as the first apartment that we had.
While I'm thinking about it, Samuel, you ought to phone me this coming Monday morning, about five AM my time, as I'll be on my way from League City to Austin, all being well.
Bye for now
Mark
Hey Sam, sorry I didn't see your comment here and below. Apparently I don't check my comments often enough :P
Post a Comment