Saturday, October 20, 2007

(creative title here...?)

Please bear with all the "my dog" posts, I rarely have much else to talk about, and yet people insist I update so this is what they get! :D
Something I find a little annoying is how many people mistake my dog for a Labrador retriever -- I've had people actually insist to me that she had some black Lab in her, and I have to patiently explain that she really, truly is purebred. (Since when do Labs have upright ears, anyway??) People always ask what breed she is and are surprised to hear she's a German Shepherd. It's a little amusing and almost offensive. ;) So the other day I'd taken Neluska down to a creek so she could swim for a bit, and on my way back I was stopped at a very busy intersection, when a man in a truck rolled down his window and called to me, "That's a REAL German Shepherd, for you!" He also complimented how pretty she was, so I was pleased. :D

Well, I think we've got something planned for moving, finally! At last! I'm pretty sure I'll be renting a truck on Wednesday and Ben and I will load it and move down, whether or not closing has been finished with the house in Rosharon. At the very latest, closing should be done by next Friday, so we can just let the truck remain loaded for a day or two if necessary. I can't say I'm really looking forward to driving a 26 foot moving van through Houston, but I'll manage. (There's not really another choice!) There are various other details that make it slightly complicated: how I will even pick up the truck, the three dogs that can't all fit in the truck, the various things that will have to be finished up with the house here in Plano after the communion, and what to do with the car.

I'm rather disappointed I won't be able to see Rachel and Peter while they're over from Scotland. It's not likely I'll arrive down there before they leave, so unfortunately I'll miss them altogether. I guess this means I should just plan a visit to Scotland sometime in the (near?) future. :D

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

never knew about your blog! glad to see it! :D hope to see you soon, merc.

our blog is www.carlsteph.blogspot.com i can't stand the name, but i wasn't into blogs when i named it,so i really didn't know what i was doing, you know? ah well :)

Evelyn said...

Merc...your gonna drive a 26 foot van through Houston? Yeeeks! You must be brave! Heehee, even if your blog is updated with news about Neluska, I'm sure we don't mind...besides, you end up giving tidbits of other news too. :) Bye fer now!