Tuesday, October 9, 2007

late night update of a sort

The offer my parents put on a house was accepted! I'm still not sure how long it will take to get closing taken care of, but I am hoping we will be moved and at least partially settled in by the time of the communion in Santa Fe.

The house is so quiet and empty here with just Ben and I, but we're managing the best we can. Out of boredom we started working on teaching Neluska to growl on cue. She will bark on the "watch him" command so I decided to teach her to growl when we say "suspicious". She tends to get carried away after a few growls and start barking. Understandably, this is when Ben is sneaking into the room and creeping around boxes while whispering "suspicious", which is clearly an action that deserves more than just a growl. :D

Oh, and after driving my dad's Saturn back from services on Sabbath, I'm a little bit anxious about driving it for long distances again. There were hissing and popping sounds coming from underneath the car that sounded like something extremely hot dripping on something dry. Ben had some complicated explanation having to do with the oil pump not spraying all the parts it should, but as far as I'm concerned, it was a horrible sound and I'm not even sure it's safe to drive the car!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Update, plz ;-)