Wednesday, October 17, 2007

an uninteresting update

Sorry readers, but I really have hardly anything to talk about, so prepare yourself for some rambling, pointless blather. :D

Today I'm supposed to take Ben to the orthodontist because his braces are broken. I thought he went in an awful lot to correct a loose wire and such, and going by the receptionist's reaction, he really does have issues. (When I had braces I never had anything break!) I told the lady on the phone that I was calling for a patient who needed to come in today because a wire came loose and a chain broke. She asked for the patient's name, and when I told her, she laughed! As if, "Oh, him again!" Ben claims it's because of all the hardware that's in there -- chains and springs and etc, and though it's probably true, I like giving him a hard time. ;)

Here's a random picture of me in my kitchen, with my trusty laptop nearby.

I dare say these muffins I made today are simply incredible, and I have no qualms about saying so, because after all, it was the recipe that made them so good! I'll even be generous and share it for those of you who might like to try it. ;) Click!

Meanwhile we're still waiting on closing on the new house. The bank has to have a survey done of the property, so we're just stuck waiting. Feel free to visit me! I've not seen any family for about three weeks! :(

5 comments:

Evelyn said...

mmmm, they look very good. one prob I dont have a muffin pan!! :( Hope your doing all right Merc being up there by yerself...sounds pretty scary if you ask me! :) But I guess your used to it? Take Care!

Anonymous said...

update...;-)

Unknown said...

Hi Mercy. I don't know why, but I thought it was very funny when you said here is a random photo of me in the kitchen!!I recently made some brownies and they were almost all gone within 24 hours, with only 4 of us here at home. Look forward to seeing you soon. Love, Terry Smith
(hmmmm Aunt Terry)

Evelyn said...

Heehee, sounds like it was when we lived in 210...we always had an appetite for cookies and good cake...or my granola bars - nothing lasted very long. Must have been Hayley eating it all ;) Just kidding - it probably was more likely me! :) Lots of Love,
Evelyn

Unknown said...

Hey Ev,
It's not too bad here -- we live in a quiet, relaxed neighborhood and everyone is either hard at work or retired. It's a really nice area, really! It is rather lonely and quiet here, but I feel safe. :)