Tuesday, October 23, 2007

chaos and moving

This is a very quick post that will probably be the only one this week. Moving day is tomorrow! After that our communion begins and I will probably be too busy to update.

Plans have changed somewhat, and no doubt will change several more times before everything is done. We're going to rent a smaller truck and come back after the communion to get the rest. I've been working on packing the kitchen this morning, along with making phone calls and getting final laundry done and trying not to worry too much about the time that is rapidly running out and the mountains of work still left to do. And all on cheap coffee! I ran out of our regular coffee a couple days ago and managed to find a very cheap, generic brand of coffee in the pantry. Nicely put, it's rather distasteful stuff -- but I suppose it's better than nothing. ;)

I'd better run here! I need to run some errands along with a hundred and one other things. :D

4 comments:

thedude said...

Hey hey! You're *finally* coming down! **cries** Yeehaw!!

As for the coffee...I can sympathize with you, having had at least 5 guys in my immediate family who cannot bear to drink the cheaper stuff. Haha!!

Bye for now! ;)
Sam

Evelyn said...

Make that 6 Sam! ;) You wouldn't believe the strange coffees over here...and everything I buy, Jett usually has something to say about it (usually negative)...he certainly misses the breakfast blend from Starbucks, and of course our everyday usual Folgers (or Tim Hortons...mmm, wow miss that too).

I'm glad to know (Mercy) you don't have to drive a huge van through Houston...heehee, well, at least its smaller one! Hope you all have a good communion - we're having communion this week too so I'm sure we'll be thinking of one another.

Love,
Ev

Anonymous said...

Yeah Ev..I guess all six of them then ;) I wasn't sure about Jett! :D

Mercy...it's time for an update...seeing how ur finally here ;)
Sam

Sarita said...

hmm some photos of the new house would be great! :D