Tuesday, November 6, 2007

new house

Hello from Rosharon! I really, really like the new house. It's not as big as our house in Plano, but it is well laid out so everything fits together well. Plus it's new. We've never lived in a new house before!

Today Mom and I went to Pearland to get some shopping done, and I was home in time to fix enchiladas for dinner, and now I'm relaxing in my bedroom which has curtains which I bought while out. Finally! I was a bit uncomfortable with with the big, curtain-less window in the bedroom that faces the road. :P We do, however, live on a dead end road, so traffic is nearly non-existent.

We still have no couch (we sold our old one before we moved) -- we haven't even had time to look for one. Tomorrow we're supposed to hunt for a new car. My dad's Saturn started overheating on his way to work yesterday, which was just another reminder that we really need to find something different as soon as possible.

I'll try to get pictures up in the next day or two. I've been putting it off with hopes I could get the place looking a bit more presentable...and of course, by the time it is, I'd rather just have people over than post pictures, but ah well. ;)

2 comments:

Evelyn said...

you still need to post pics for those who can't visit yet!!! :D glad to hear that the house is nice! New sounds really good. :)

Ev

PeterinScotland said...

Us too. We drove through Rosharon on one of our last days in Texas, but didn't see any house with a sign saying "this house reserved for the Hembd family" so we don't know where y'all are. Rachel drove me around a Cambodian community there, complete with Buddhist Temple and Bible Baptist Church with sign in two languages (not Spanish!).