Last Thursday Mom and I were out all day, doing some shopping. In the evening Ben and I went out to eat with some of the Smith's. My dad also traded in the Saturn for a new(ish) Nissan Sentra that evening.
Friday, I wanted to look up some things online but the internet refused to cooperate. We have satellite internet, and it hardly works in the morning/afternoon, which can be rather frustrating. I mean, if we pay for service, aren't we supposed to get service?? I ended up cleaning and working on organizing the garage instead.
Saturday I did more cleaning, more garage organizing, washed the Echo, gave Ben a haircut, and ran (ok, I drove) to Pearland, basically just to buy sour cream which I needed for the cheesecake I was making for the Sabbath. 518/288 was packed, and I wasted a lot of time waiting on traffic. The cheesecake was quite a success, though, so I guess the trouble was worth it. :P
We had Caleb, Leah, Nat, and the Elliots over for lunch on Sabbath. Jesh also was here; he stayed with us while he was down from
So, on to a few pictures... It's hard to get the lighting right, and I've not had time to mess with the settings/angles/times of day to get any more decent ones. They're either lit by camera flash (which is very unappealing) or window light, which is so bright that the contrasts get messed up.




7 comments:
Hey Mercy - thanks for updating...your house is nice! See you sometime soon!! lol!
Sam
oooh I'm jealous!!! It looks gorgeous Mercy! The main thing I've always liked about new houses... they look and usually are CLEAN! :D Glad you guys have a nice place and are closer to the church!
Hi Mercy! I followed the blogging trend and started my own blog...sharonsbabies.blogspot.com. Very original I know. I like your new house! Is that a vaulted ceiling in your room? And did you get Mom and Dad's old full-sized bed?
Looks a lovely house, houses always look good when they are new and tidy (of course maybe yours is always tidy,but not so here)
As for titles, when I'm stuck I just use the date.
Love
Henrietta
Hey Sharon, good to see you've finally joined the crowd! I was wondering when you'd get a blog. And yes, I've got the old full-size bed.
In regard to cleanness of house... Well, the kitchen and dining room look relatively normal. I like keeping house, but also it's much easier to keep a house clean when there's just four adults in it, and no babies or children!
Oh, and vaulted ceiling -- no, not really... I think it's just a normal height ceiling that slopes down for the roof. Or does that make it a vaulted ceiling?? :P I don't know.
Yes, a vaulted ceiling follows the slope of the roof.
Post a Comment