Tuesday, April 15, 2008

work, fedex woes, moody gardens

I worked till 9:00pm last night, and groomed four dogs. I'll be working closing shifts about twice out of the four days I'm to work each week. So far everything is going fine, although I'm concerned about "mandatory meetings" for store associates, which are apparently only held on the Lord's Day. I'm going to have to talk with the store manager and see if there's any way we can work around this.

FedEx... have I mentioned how much I dislike FedEx? I'm pretty sure I did in a blog last fall. Anyway, the equipment I ordered was destined to arrive last Thursday, and it is now nearly Wednesday and I still don't have my package. The reason for this is simply that they lost the package. As you can imagine, I'm not very pleased about this. The shipper can't file a complaint until 10 business days have passed from the time the package was lost, and add on top of that the time it would take to make a new order... it could be a long time before I get my equipment. This is rather a large problem seeing I really needed it yesterday.

Mark and I met up with James and Hayley at Moody Gardens on Saturday. We went to a somber Titanic exhibit with artifacts and details about the the incident, watched a neat 3D IMAX about the Grand Canyon, and then had a peaceful ride on a paddlewheel boat.

12 comments:

Evelyn said...

aww you guys look so sweet together :)

lcrmum said...

what a nice picture of you both!

Sharon said...

Nice picture! So how were you grooming dogs without your equipment?

Sharon said...

Wow, I just realized that you said you saw a 3-D IMAX about the Grand Canyon! That must have been awesome! The entire Saturday sounds like a lot of fun, actually!

Mark said...

Hello Everyone!
Mercy was using some clippers she had already, but I think they were slowing her down. Thankfully she received her new equipment I think on Thursday. Yes, the 3-D IMAX was pretty fun... But really it just made me want to raft down the river myself :D Look forward to seeing you all soon, Ev. Hello to Jett.

Anonymous said...

You look a bit more relaxed with each other now, that's good! How long have you been going out?

Mark said...

...who are you? :D

Stephanie said...

Great pic of yall! The black with red look fab. (I'm talking about yalls hair colour ;)).

Stephanie said...

Sorry, I appear as "me!"...I'm Stephanie Eugenia Smith :)

Unknown said...

I'm wondering who anonymous is too... :D

Anonymous said...

That is a rly nice pic of u 2!
Anna xxxx

Mark said...

Thanks anna (smith i'm assuming :)