Wednesday, April 2, 2008

a job!

Ok, I'm updating. I thought about skipping this whole post since what I'm about to say has kind of been mentioned in other places already, but I suppose not everyone will be impressed with that idea. :D

I had a job interview with Petsmart on Monday. I must say, it was not a very organized or professional interview, but it went well. I think I like most of the people (but not all of them), and I feel pretty comfortable working there. I'm starting out on Monday with "bookwork" and at some point I'm going to have a tryout groom so they know I can do the job. If everything works I will be working part-time, 36 hours a week, as a dog groomer. I'm not particularly fond of dog hair or misbehaved dogs or phones that never stop ringing, but I'm looking forward to it because it pays fairly well and I'm already trained in it. :)

I had to drive up to Houston for a drug test yesterday, which is required as part of Petsmart's hiring procedure. I then spent most of my evening working on an online order for some equipment I need for the job. The website I was ordering from wasn't set up very well, and I spent quite a bit of time getting things together, only to lose it all when trying to pay for it! I had to start over at the very beginning again. It was after midnight by the time I had it finally fully ordered, but even now I'm not positive it worked out since I didn't receive a confirmation email. :S

If the job works out I will be looking for a car to buy in a couple weeks. Exciting!! :D

(Edit: Why do all of my paragraphs end with smiley faces?)

4 comments:

Sharon said...

So is Petsmart in Pearland? Any ideas as to what kind of car you will be getting? I hope you enjoy the new job! I'm glad you found something!

Unknown said...

Well I've been leaning towards a Mazda3 for a long loong time, but they're a newer car and a little on the pricey side... I want to get a car that I like, but I suppose that's not always wise or reasonable. :D
Petsmart is in Pearland, yes, conveniently right on the 288/518 junction.

thedude said...

Oooh - Mazda 3. glad you got a job.

And hey, you finally updated!

Sharon said...

As a car expert, I would recommend picking up a copy of the Consumer Reports guidebook before you make a final car decision--also would recommend paying cash if possible. :) Okay, maybe I'm not a car expert, but I think my advice is sound none-the-less. :)