Most of my equipment came in, and I'm pretty adjusted to things at work. The other groomers have been really nice and helpful. I quite enjoy working at times -- especially when all the groomers are there, and everyone is talking and socializing so much that it hardly seems like work anymore.
There are definitely still those moments that are less than fantastic, though. I'm daily clawed and/or bitten at, and frequently things are running behind and the phone just won't stop ringing. Then there's the difficult customers.... Yesterday we had to have a store manager come help out when a customer was livid over a price, and she ended up going away with a free service.
Today we had a dog that had major behavioral problems, and bit the groomer repeatedly. When the groomer told the owner about it, she actually laughed and went on to cheerfully tell us how many people won't groom him at all, all as if his attitude is cute. She then proceeded to take her dog and tell him in a sweet voice that she'd bought him a hamburger for on his way home...

6 comments:
Are you enjoying your job?
anna xox
it sounds like you were not the groomer that got bitten etc...or at least I hope you weren't!
Don't you all muzzle dogs who attempt to bite? Do you ever refuse to groom a dog who has been a problem in the past?
I'm glad the pilot was okay! The plane looks awful!
Also, you need to update your age in your "about me" section!
We do muzzle dogs, although it's store policy that a dog cannot be muzzled for more than 20 minutes. Also, that particular groomer is one who tends to take on all the "bad dogs" that none of the other groomers will do.
Yes, we can turn down a dog if we think it's too dangerous to groom. However, in most cases, the dog is simply biting because he's been so spoiled he doesn't know any better. (These types of bites aren't generally very hard.) If you're consistent and firm, they can figure out during the groom that biting is unacceptable, although of course it slows you down and tries your patience. ;)
Sounds interesting - convincing dogs to be polite.
That guy in the crop-duster - I really don't know how he survived so well...I guess he had a roll cage or something.
Post a Comment