Tuesday, September 11, 2007

my laptop is alive again

Well a bright spot in this past horrible week I've been having: my laptop screen finally came in! I frequently use my laptop in the kitchen while I'm cooking, and when I was moving my laptop last Wednesday the cord caught on something and jerked the laptop out of my hands. It fell onto our kitchen floor, which is on a concrete slab. The screen promptly shattered; the outside of my laptop still has scars I'm afraid. I ordered the new screen on Thursday through Ebay and then fought with Paypal till Friday before it would configure sales tax right. On the page right before the actual paying page it would show me the invoice including the Texas sales tax and on the next page it would take it off again; increasingly maddening the more times I clicked and refreshed. The following morning it worked fine on the first try, and the seller shipped it within a few hours. I followed the FedEx tracker and couldn't believe that they sent it from its origin (a suburb of Dallas) to Fort Worth, and then to Memphis! On Monday it came back to Dallas and spent the day in the destination sort facility before arriving today. (I've concluded everyone needs to boycott FedEx and Paypal. :D ) But the screen installed with no trouble at all, and I actually like it better than the one I had before.


Where there's a will there's a way.
80 pound dog fitting in a 30 pound dog's bed.


I've been trying to decide what to teach Neluska to do next. Her latest trick, shutting doors, she's got down pretty well. Anyone have suggestions for what she should learn next?

1 comment:

thedude said...

Hey mercy great to see your blog updated...and at least you have SOME good news! Well done! Now as for Neluska...she already opens doors, right? then her next trick should be walking on two legs or giving high fives. suitable?? :P

Sam