Monday, September 3, 2007

the Heard

We went to a little nature reserve north of us today called "the Heard" and went on an interesting trail through some prairie and wetlands. There was a boardwalk that went quite a ways through a swamp, but I'm not sure how well they keep the place up going by one of the branch-offs we saw at one point...!

Ben posing on what was a hopefully safer section of boardwalk than below
Aww look, it's a teddy bear!

I baked a ton of cookies thinking we were going to do something else on Labor Day, but since those plans fell through I need someone to come help eat all these! :S

4 comments:

Sarita said...

yikes, what a boardwalk!! :O

Sarita said...

and hey were there alligators or crocodiles??!! thot i might've seen part of one but maybe its my imagination. haha :-D

Unknown said...

I wondered if there would be any alligators too but apparently not. :( Would've been neat to see some.

Sarita said...

ok..thats funny cos one bit looked a lot like one, but logs can be deceiving. haha ;)